Up to 50,000 civilians have been evacuated from eastern Aleppo over the past 48 hours, spokesperson for the Russian Defense Ministry Maj Gen Igor Konashenkov announced on...
“The Russian Center for Reconciliation, through humanitarian corridors near Karim El-Hun and Mahayar, has organized the evacuation of civilians from the eastern parts of Aleppo to the safe areas of the city,” he said.
Konashenkov added that 1,217 militants surrendered to government forces and over 20,000 residents left eastern Aleppo in the first part of Saturday.
The Russian military also warned the “opposition” and their backers from “provocations”:
“We are warning terrorists and so-called moderate opposition militants, and we are addressing their patrons, to not provoke the situation, to not open fire on civilians leaving though the humanitarian corridors,” Konashenkov said.
Earlier on Saturday, the Russian Defense Ministry announced that there was a “continuous flow” of people fleeing the militan-held area of Aleppo to the government controlled part of the city.